[FFmpeg-user] How to capture an RTMP stream

Deron deron at pagestream.org
Sat Jul 25 17:40:21 CEST 2015

On 7/25/15 6:02 AM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 11:52:56 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> But you could test without "--enable-librtmp".
> Is it possible to choose different protocol handlers at runtime, as it
> is with decoders (analog to the choice of "mp3" vs. "mp3float" using
> "-c:v" as inpt option)? Or does using librtmp totally disable ffmpeg's
> native implementation?
>
> (Indeed, my librtmp doesn't seem to like this URL, shown by trying with
> rtmpdump. But I'm not the original poster. ;-))
>
> Moritz

Well, my rtmpdump _does_ work. It claims to be v2.4 and I was able to
get the stream and pipe it to ffmpeg. Inelegant, but it works. Sadly,
the audio/video is out of sync by about 75ms. Just enough to be annoying.

What can I do to help track down the problem? Is the interest only in
the native solution (try without librtmp) or ??

Side question: With the sync problem, I've used -itsoffset (and mapping
of course) in the past to fix sync issues, but that obviously won't help
if I don't have the streams split _before_ it gets to ffmpeg. Any solution?

Thanks
Deron