[FFmpeg-user] mp4 splitting and concatenating process

Hans Emmanuel hans at sparksupport.com
Mon Jul 6 08:09:49 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I need to split mp4 files for distributed batch transcoding process. I was
planning to split it with ffmpeg command

*ffmpeg -i largefile.mp4 -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:05:00  -acodec copy -vcodec
copy part1.mp4 -ss 00:05:00 -t 00:05:00  -acodec copy -vcodec copy
part2.mp4 * etc..

Then concatenating the part files with

*ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy final.mp4*    where mylist.txt
contains the part files locations. But the final video seems hanging for a
bit of second at the joining points. I  have tried the other method with
mpegts.

first I split converted to mpegts with

*ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts file_mpegts.ts*

Then I split mpegts to part files with the first ffmpeg command and
finally I concatenated part files with

*ffmpeg -i "concat:part1.ts|part2.ts" -c copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc
file_final.mp4*  . But in this method also, the above mentioned

 problem is there. Am I using the correct commands/ method? Please
share your thoughts for a smooth concatenation.

--
   Warm Regards,  Hans Emmanuel
*Project Manager (Linux Infrastructure Management)*
immediately at info at sparksupport.com