[FFmpeg-user] Set chapter languages in mkv format

Da Rock ffmpeg-user at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Wed Jan 28 16:18:24 CET 2015

I've nearly got a perfect setup to encode my videos that I have. I have
the matroska format and metadata tags all set for languages,titles and
such for each track. I also have finally sorted out chapters... but:

When I input my ffmetadata file, I then go to mkvinfo and check my work;
what I find is that under the chapter display it shows the chapterstring
(as it terms it - title in other words), but under language it says und
(undetermined).

Pedantic as it may sound, it does bug me a bit. How do I change it?

The chapter stream is 0 (first input), and I've tried setting
chapterlanguage in the ffmetdata file, -metadata:s:m[:0] (both
iterations that is), -metadata:m, -metadata:i:0 all to no effect. What
is the method for this madness?

My ffmpeg is version 2.3.6.

Cheers