[FFmpeg-user] The device does not support the streaming I/O method.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jan 26 17:18:22 CET 2015

Thomas Seilund <tps <at> netmaster.dk> writes:

> --enable-x11grab

Completely unrelated:
--enable-x11grab is not necessary anymore, the new
xcb input device is auto-detected by configure.

>          return AVPROBE_SCORE_EXTENSION / 2 + 1;

This corresponds to "return 26;" (I think).
Could you test if a lower value than 26 helps?
(You could first test 0, then 13 and so on...)

> I did do make and make install

I should add that I absolutely never install:
At least for this test, you can run ./ffmpeg
from the build directory.

Thank you!