[FFmpeg-user] dynamic image overlay

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:18:17 CET 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Mark Ambler
<mwambler-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
> That is correct.  Below is the command line I'm using currently as a test.  Note that the url used in the second input is calling server side code that serves up the image file(s).  Is there a param to turn off caching of the image so ffmpeg will continue to poll the image?
>

> ffmpeg -i movie.mp4 -i http://localhost/api/images/v1/overlay.png -filter_complex "[0:v][1:v]overlay=W-w-10:H-h-10[watermark]" -map "[watermark]" -map 0:a -codec:v libx264 -preset veryfast -crf 18 -codec:a copy output.mp4

Thanks for clarifying.

It's not really "caching", but ffmpeg will read the image, decode it
in memory, and then won't think about it again.
I guess what could work is writing the image as an MJPEG stream (or
something similar) to a Linux pipe, which is then read by ffmpeg, but
I have no idea how to get the timing for this right.