[FFmpeg-user] transcoding mp3 to wav

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jan 22 18:23:07 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 10:08:35 -0700, jd1008 wrote:
> it does the conversion, but does not honour the bitrate param.
> How do I force the bitrate param for the ourput?

You didn't show us the output of your ffmpeg command.

Anyway, your approach is wrong. The bitrate of a WAV file is defined by
its sample format, sample rate, and number of channels (except for
non-PCM WAV, which is not selected by default).

The default is probably pcm_s16le, which means 16 bits per sample per
channel. Therefore you can mathematically influence this with "-ac M"
and "-ar N", or by actually selecting the desired sample format.

Moritz