[FFmpeg-user] Image Conversion TIFF > JPEG with yuv422 chroma subsampling

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jan 19 22:10:46 CET 2015

To add to Werner's comments:

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 18:05:34 +0100, Andrea Rastelli wrote:
> >> Also, the only codec that works is the MJPEG, any other codec produces
> >> unreadable images or extremely slow-to-process images (libopenjpeg)..

I can't comment on slow-to-process images, but there's a section on the
readability. It's not obvious, so thanks for asking. ;-)

https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bitstream-filters.html#mjpeg2jpeg

So please check whether adding "-bsf:v mjpeg2jpeg" (after the input
file, before the output file - just saying this to be sure) solves that
issue.

Moritz