[FFmpeg-user] Converting to h.265, keeping all audio streams

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Jan 7 08:32:23 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015, at 09:09 PM, cvb at kruemel.org wrote:
> Sorry, I don't get the question. Does that sound a stupid idea?

If you want to compare then you should use the same, original source for
each encoder. As far as I can tell you're making your H.265 video from
your H.264 video which introduces another lossy generation and makes any
comparisons inherently flawed.

> Really? For encoding almost 2 hourse of movie, that's going to be quite
> an amount of data...!

You can use -ss and -t or -to to make a shorter output.

> Thanks, so I'll need another -map 0, right?

That is one way to do it. Or you could explicitly map each stream. The
point is that you can't always use the default steam selection in some
cases as explained in the link I provided.