[FFmpeg-user] Fastest lossless codec and settings.

Zsolt dqeswn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 13:31:09 CET 2015

> Would be very interested in your performance observations, and which
> codec you finally used.
> May I ask about what CPU you're planning to use? ("older CPU" could
> range from 286 to P4 2.x GHz...)

I have an intel core2 E6750 at present.

By motion PNG you meant me to use "png" as video? I tried that. Wasn't
particularly fast. So far UT-Video seemed to be the fastest. Though I used
the vfw codec with MSI Afterburner for that.
Testing codecs is hindered by the lack of documentation for settings for
the different formats. Only FFV1 has some sort of guide
<https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/FFV1>, but even that neglects to
specify how the different settings affect encoding speed and filesize.