[FFmpeg-user] Fastest lossless codec and settings.

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 09:31:31 CET 2015

I would try ffvhuff as video codec (lossless compressed) in yuv420p
pixelformat for the realtime capture encoding.
(you can also try other pixeformats like yuv422p or bgr0 but I think I/O
bottlehole problems at the filerecording, the datarates would be huge)

Afterwards you can encode it to ffv1 (lossless compressed, more cpu
intensive, better compression like jpeg2000 but faster) to shrink the
filesize.

bg chris