[FFmpeg-user] -Shortest command

Les Irvin lesirvin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 01:09:16 CET 2015

I'm using ffmpeg to automatically create real estate slideshows with
still photos and an audio soundtrack. There could be anywhere from 20 to
100 still photos to process. I understand there is no way to loop audio.
But is there a way to tell ffmpeg to end the video when all the still
photos have been processed? Due to the variable length of the audio
(anywhere from 2-10 minutes), using the -shortest command often ends the
video before all the photos have been seen. My current thought is to
keep the -shortest command and just lengthen all the audio to 10 minutes
or so.  But before I go to all that work, I wondered if there might be
another, simpler solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Les