[FFmpeg-user] timelapse framerates

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Dec 29 15:51:36 CET 2015

Michael Koch <astroelectronic <at> t-online.de> writes:

> ffmpeg -framerate 25 -start_number 123 -i IMG_%4d.jpg
> -codec:v mpeg4 output.mp4

Please understand that you are expected to always
post your command line including the complete,
uncut console output on this mailing list.

> 1. Is it possible to make a video with different input
> and output framerates?

> For example, using each input picture twice? I mean
> without duplicating and renaming the the input pictures.

The concat muxer should allow this.

> 2. Is that also possible for arbitrary input and output
> framerates? (i.e. output framerate is not an even
> multiple of input framerate) ?

I may misunderstand but this sounds like a combination
of 1. and 3. to me.

> 3. Is it also possible to make the output framerate
> bigger than the input framerate, which means some of
> the input pictures are skipped?

Of course, just specify the frame rate you want.
(Why not?)