[FFmpeg-user] Cross compile ffmpeg

José Eduardo S. C. Xavier josescxavier at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 18:23:43 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to cross compile ffmpeg on a ubuntu x64 host to run on rpi
target. I have sysroot from rpi synced in my host.

target files on host tree: http://pastebin.com/CAZGFjUL

smbclient is install on RPi:

pi at raspberrypi:~ $ pkg-config --modversion smbclient
0.2.1

smbclient files on host:

ze at ze-MacBookPro:~/raspi/sysroot$ sudo find . -name "*smbclient.*"
./usr/include/samba-4.0/libsmbclient.h
./usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsmbclient.so.0
./usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsmbclient.so.0.2.1
./usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsmbclient.so
./usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/pkgconfig/smbclient.pc

When I do ./configure on ffmpeg src folder it says it can't find
libsmbclient.h. Looking on config.log file it looks like pkg-config is
looking for host package instead of target package.

You can take a look at the config.log here:

http://pastebin.com/LqHuea74

A person told me that it is related to  "--pkg-config=pkg-config" and point
me to
http://ffmpeg.org/faq.html#How-do-I-use-pkg_002dconfig-when-cross_002dcompiling_003f
but I couldn't do any progress.

PS: If I manually change the smbclient.pc file and make the path point to
right directory then configure can test smbclient but failed at next
package and so on. So it looks like a bad ENV VAR set up.

Thank you,
Jose Xavier