[FFmpeg-user] hap/snappy

Kenneth Fields ken.fields at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 08:58:29 CET 2015

Hi,
trying to compile a version of ffmpeg with hap/snappy & have been unsuccessful so far, even with non-static libraries. compiling ffmpeg via home-brew.
Having a look at homebrew commits, I can see the "with-snappy” option is available for the compile.
Trying a compile via homebrew:

brew reinstall ffmpeg --with-fdk-aac --with-ffplay --with-libquvi --with-libvorbis --with-libvpx --with-opus --with-snappy

It gives me an error: Snappy library not found - which is the same error I get when trying to compile locally on my machine using static libraries.  If I try to use the static snappy library I’ve manually inserted via pkg-manager:

brew reinstall ffmpeg --with-fdk-aac --with-ffplay --with-libquvi --with-libvorbis --with-libvpx --with-opus --with-libsnappy

The install actually works, but it seems to just skip right over the libsnappy library in this case & just installs a standard version of ffmpeg.  I’ve been trying various p2p commands to be sure I don’t have the library enabled with ffmpeg, like:

ffmpeg -f avfoundation -r 30 -i "0" -s 640x480 -vcodec hap -preset fast -threads 0 -pix_fmt yuv420p -f hap_q udp://10.0.1.9:1234 <udp://10.0.1.9:1234>

This fails with an error that hap isn’t a suitable format.

Thanks,
Ken