[FFmpeg-user] Converting Progressive content to Interlaced

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Dec 11 20:07:49 CET 2015

Hi Hardik,

> Need help, I am very new to the world of ffmpeg

We usually ask you to provide the full (real) command line and the
complete, uncut console output. There is a lot of valuable information
in there.

> can someone please help me with the command for converting progressive
> apple prores mov 25 fps content to interlaced (for broadcasting)
>
> current command used:
> *-i "test progressive.mov -c:v copy -c:a copy -flags +ilme+ildct  result
> interlaced.mov*

"-c[:x] copy" tells ffmpeg to copy the corresponding stream without
modifying its contents or encoding. When creating interlaced content
from progressive content, you will have to change the contents of
fields and frames, if I'm not totally stupid. That means you need to
re-encode, and that means you need to drop "-c copy".

Moritz