[FFmpeg-user] Dolby E stream to mux in MXF

Mike Brown brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Tue Dec 8 23:19:25 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 09:56:56PM +0000, Fabrice Saudoyez wrote:
> Thank you Mike.
> But is that enough to be recognised as a Dolby E stream by server???s like Omneon ?
> Isn???t it a special package inside the MXF because as you can see in the metadata, the dolby E track is not seen as a simple PCM format but as Dolby E format mixed in AES3???
> It seems to be a bit more complex than just a WAV stream with 2 tracks.

I deal with Dolby-E PCM streams as muxed into a satellite transport stream.
It is a single stream.  I extract the stream with ffmpeg into a single WAV
file, which I then read into and audio program so that I can extract the six
DD5.1 single channel WAV files.  I then create an AC3 file from those six
WAV files.

Unfortunately I do not deal with MXF.  I would find it strange if the format
required two separate WAV files, each placed into a single channel PCM file.
Especially singe the broadcast industry uses gear that deals with Dolby-E
as a two channel PCM stream (SMPTE-302M).

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com | vidiot at vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
        6082066843 at email.uscc.net (140 char limit)       \ / Ribbon Campaign