[FFmpeg-user] Decode FFV1 AVI back to DPX

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:15:57 CET 2015

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Abhishek Prasad
<abhishek.prasad at efxmagic.com> wrote:

> After encoding a dpx sequence to avi/mxf with FFv1. How does one
> decode/restore back to the dpx files?

> -----

Did you say that you encoded ffv1 in an mxf wrapper? Is that even
possible, and if so, what was your command line output?

It is indeed possible to decode back to DPX-  I've losslessly
compressed 10bit RGB DPX to FFV1.mkv and back with matching framemd5s
all the way. It's a beautiful thing. I've included an audio argument
which is optional, just remove it if you're silent. I've added
framemd5s as well. I never losslessly compress/transcode without
running a diff on the framemd5s of the source and output. Replace your
startnumber and filename as applies to you.

ffmpeg -i input.avi output06%d -f framemd5 -an framemd5.md5