[FFmpeg-user] Getting x265 parameter help

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Dec 1 19:43:27 CET 2015

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 12:03:32 -0600
Mike Brown <brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I missed this response.
>
> All of the x265 static binaries that I've downloaded for my XP-64 system
> all fail with a KERNEL32.dll error.  There is a routine that it is looking
> for that is not in the kernel DLL.
>
> MB

I am ignorant of the details of this issue, but it is not surprising
that nobody wants to volunteer to make a build that works on an
ancient, dead OS that is no longer supported by its upstream.

Did you try a 32-bit build? You may have to compile it yourself if you
can't find a build that works: x265 has a WINXP_SUPPORT cmake option.