[FFmpeg-user] MKV to MP4

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Dec 1 18:31:36 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 03:09:42 +0000, Jack Tucker wrote:
> I am trying to convert a MKV into m4p using Windows, every time I do it has issues with codec. Which line of code canI I use which will work?
> I have tried for %%a in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg.exe -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%%~na .mp4"
> but no luck and ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c:v copy -c:a copy output.mp4, again, no luck

Hi Jack,
"no luck" is a very short error description. Please show us a (real,
complete) command line and the full, uncut console output.

Please realize that ffmpeg's console output contains a lot of useful
information, and it should even tell us what was going wrong. There's
no general answer to your question, as it depends on a few things.

Moritz