[FFmpeg-user] Remux MPEG-TS file fails: Mid-stream changes?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Tue Dec 1 00:28:03 CET 2015

On 11/30/2015 01:52 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> On Monday 30 November 2015 12:09:41 am Peter B. wrote:
>> $ ffmpeg -i esdn_audio_problem-20151128.ts -c:v copy
>> -c:a pcm_s16le output.ts
> pcm is not an allowed audio codec for mpeg-ts, this is a limitation
> of the specification, not FFmpeg. Choose another audio codec. Native
> aac is transparent for high (and even not-so-high) bitrates.

That is very good to know indeed!
Would it be possible to put that information somewhere in the error message?

The error it returned seemed more like an invalid input, rather than a
non-specification conform output choice:
[quote]
  [aac @ 0x37a4720] channel element 2.0 is not allocated
  Error while decoding stream #0:1: Invalid data found when processing input
  [aac @ 0x37a4720] element type mismatch 1 != 0
[/quote]

btw, choosing to transcode the audio *and* using Matroska did the trick:
I've now tried converting the audio to pcm_s16le and using Matroska as
output container, and now the audio works for the whole video :D

Thank you very much :)
Pb