[FFmpeg-user] Grab stills on scene change math question

Bouke (VideoToolShed) bouke at videotoolshed.com
Tue Aug 25 13:00:40 CEST 2015

Hi all,
Trying to grab images from each scene.
Now I'm using:
ffmpeg -i input.mxf -vf select="gt(scene\,0.4),scale=320:240" -vsync 0
thumb%03d.png
And that works brilliant.

But now I also want to grab stills from the last frame of a shot.
So I thought that perhaps this would work:
select="(gt(scene\,0.4)-1),scale=320:240"
assuming that gt(scene\,0.4) will return a number that I could do math on,
but this fails.

Is something like this possible?
And to make it more complex, can I also grab a shot out of the middle of a
scene?
(that would require to get the current and next framenumber, subtract and
divide by two to an integer and add to the first...)

thx,
Bouke

---