[FFmpeg-user] Misdetected color info for h264 mov file

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Thu Aug 20 09:42:40 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Robert Krüger <krueger at lesspain.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 8:08 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
> wrote:
>
>> Robert Krüger <krueger <at> lesspain.de> writes:
>>
>> >     encoder         : Lavf56.23.100
>>
>> How was the input file created?
>>
>> using the apple h.264 encoder for encoding and libavformat for muxing. I
> presume something is at least unusual in the file and I am trying to deduce
> what from analyzing the file but have not found anything, that's why I ask
> about ffmpeg internals of h.264/mov metadata detection as that might give
> me a clue. I thought I remembered that ffmpeg's policy was to give
> container metadata higher priority than bitstream metadata but that would
> contradict what I am observing.

I just enabled logging and could verify that the colr atom vaues are
correctly parsed:

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x7fa82b802a00] nclc: pri 1 trc 1 matrix 1Input
#0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from
'/Users/krueger/tmp/colortest/h264-pipeline-out.mov':

so it seems to indicate that something else overrides this but I am unable
to find in the code where that might happen.