[FFmpeg-user] Unexpected FFmpeg and avconv Result Difference

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Aug 10 09:36:31 CEST 2015

Quinn Wood <mtcjayne <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > What is wrong with the output of FFmpeg?
>
> The output of FFmpeg seems fine.

> I want to know why it works in FFmpeg and
> not avconv

I have written repeatedly here and on other
mailing lists that avconv contains several
hundred known, user reported bugs that are
not reproducible with FFmpeg.
I read now - surprised - that this is
considered a lie by some.

> or more accurately what "problem" FFmpeg
> is allowing to happen that avconv is not

I don't know if you have found an issue with
FFmpeg or with avconv, hard to say without
the Input sample.

> so I can determine whether or not avconv
> is worth fighting with.

I can obviously not answer this question...