[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg and multiple outputs

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Aug 3 09:48:20 CEST 2015

On Sun, Aug 02, 2015 at 17:51:39 -0700, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:
> Good point, how would I display ffmpeg on OS X? I’m not quite sure
> what the output device would be?

The output device "sdl" is the first that comes to mind.

$ ffmpeg -i $infile -f sdl "SDL output"
and you can add another output, i.e. to file, after those arguments.

Moritz

P.S.: You may have to add "-pix_fmt yuv420p" to get it to work,
      depending on the input format. I believe my sdl didn't like
      another format, and ffmpeg didn't convert automatically.