[FFmpeg-user] rtmp server as output

Haris Zukanovic haris.zukanovic74 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 23:36:52 CEST 2015

Hello,

This command works... waits and accepts only 1 rtmp client then exits
after the client has disconnected.
ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc=size=512x288 -f lavfi -i "aevalsrc=0|0:d=5"
-pix_fmt yuv420p -c:v libx264 -s 512x288 -preset veryfast -profile:v
baseline -strict -2 -c:a aac -f flv -listen 1 rtmp://127.0.0.1:1935/test

Is there a way to serve 2 rtmp clients with one ffmpeg process (1
transcoding) and make it accept new connections forever?
Maybe there is another prefered way or protocol to let multiple clients
connect and pull from the ffmpeg?
In my case I have to use a reliable (tcp) protocol... and the idea is to
not interrupt ffmpeg when a clients disconnects and allow it to
reconnect without having to restart the transcoding process.

Haris Zukanovic