[FFmpeg-user] usage of fifo_size option while receiving udp stream hangs ffmpeg itself

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Sep 29 10:57:24 CEST 2014

ajay parashar <ajay_382000-at-yahoo.co.in <at> ffmpeg.org> writes:

> “ffmpeg –i udp://226.0.0.1:1234 -map 0:v:1 -map 0:a:0
> -acodec copy -f mp4 2909_3v.ts”
>
> My concern is that the output file 2909_3v.ts is
> neither playable by vlc nor by ffplay.

Remove "-f mp4".

As said here from time to time, I suspect FFmpeg is not
the best tool to dump transport streams: I suggest you
pipe the udp stream to a file and use FFmpeg later
to convert the file to whatever format you need if you
don't want to keep the transport stream.

Please don't top-post here, Carl Eugen