[FFmpeg-user] Transcoding while capturing - incomplete frame error

Keith Johnson keith at xentrik.tv
Mon Sep 22 07:15:41 CEST 2014

I'm fairly new to ffmpeg and I have a specific task I   need to accomplish which is giving me a headache. What I need to do is:

- capture HDV stream from camera - currently working fine with dvgrab creating .m2t file
- while capturing use ffmpeg (or something else) to resize/transcode to create a proxy file (.mp4)
- simultaneously view proxy file created in step above using mplayer or similar for logging

All   these bits work, and at the same time without any problem until ffmpeg   catches up with the end of the .m2t file which dvgrab is writing, it   crashes with an "incomplete frame" error. This isn't really surprising,   but I'm wondering if there's any way around this, maybe telling ffmpeg   to keep trying when it reaches EOF?

All suggestions gratefully received.