[FFmpeg-user] ffserver Unknown VideoCodec: libx264

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:48:29 CEST 2014

On date Friday 2014-09-12 13:36:28 +0530, Ajay Parashar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recompiled by enabling libx264 but it is not working, i am feeding H264-MPEG-1AVC(part 10) (avc1) file. VLC is playing this file but ffmpeg does not.
> please find below logs.
>
> ********************************************************************************************************
>
> ffmpeg -i media_files/Cars2_Video_Only.mp4 -f mov udp://226.0.0.1:1234
[...]
> [mov @ 0x1ac0900] muxer does not support non seekable output

This means that you're trying to write a MOV file with a protocol
which doesn't support seeking. MOV requires that you seek back at the
beginning of the file to write overall metadata, and this is not
possible with the UDP protocol.

See the movflags +faststart option in the manual to fix the issue.

[...]

> The information contained in this e-mail [...]

Please avoid this notice when sending to public mailing-lists and save
everybody bandwidth.
--
FFmpeg = Fast and Foolish Merciful Problematic Esoteric Gladiator