[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg -h full omits some of the decoders

Steve Kenton skenton at ou.edu
Wed Sep 3 04:04:25 CEST 2014

Carl Eugen <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:

>Steve Kenton <skenton <at> ou.edu> writes:

>>/  -h full -- print all options (including all format
/>>/  and codec specific
/
>>/  I notice that some of the decoders I use such as
/>/> rawvideo
/
>rawvideo is listed as "rawdec".

Thanks I see that now, but other than rawdec.c being the
source file name where does the name rawdec come from?
It is not mentioned in the help for:
-formats, -codecs -decoders, -encoders

/
>pcm_s16le has no options, it is not / cannot
>be listed in the full help output that lists
>all options.

I had this image of -h full being a concatenation
of the information in -formats, -codecs etc. and
was looking to see if I had missed any options.
Cannot seems a bit strong, I personally think a
<none> for no options would make a nice reference but
not my call if that's the policy.

Steve Kenton