[FFmpeg-user] MP3 enconding bitrate

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Oct 30 10:07:26 CET 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 08:05:22 +0000, Paulo Fidalgo wrote:
> I've tried with 320k and 256k and both files don't play.

While applying trial and error using ffmpeg, you might also want to
analyze the failing (and the successful) files with an MP3 diagnosis
tool. There are quite a few out there, even open source. I have used
MP3Diags, and recently found a few others such as mp3check and
mp3val.[*]

I can't tell though whether these tools would detect your issue. Some
apparently only actually process the _headers_.

Moritz

[*] Best link I found, in German though:
    http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/%C3%9Cberpr%C3%BCfung_MP3-Sammlung