[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg4android and missing math functions

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 29 10:25:00 CET 2014

Срђан Обућина <obucinac <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This thread came to my attention today:
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-July/022377.html

Just to make sure:
With the toolchain in question, the headers and the actual
library didn't agree whether sincos() is available or not.
Maybe I am too harsh, but I still believe this defines a
broken toolchain. A simple workaround was found.
If this is really the typical situation when building for
Android, we can add the check to configure (so that the
workaround would not be necessary) but fate builds for
Android and this problem was only reported once so I
assumed a local breakage / a broken installation.

The relevant issue here (on this mailing list) is - as the
link above shows - that only unpatched current FFmpeg is
supported here and that I (still) believe it allows to
build for Android.