[FFmpeg-user] Failed to resolve hostname: Ubuntu static builds

hdn8 hdlmnate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:12:17 CEST 2014

Tried with this build, still doesnt work for me using an http://... input:
"[tcp @ 0xbf594a0] Failed to resolve hostname"

> I build them myself, and on some machines just stick to
> Fedora's/RPMFusions's version as distributed in the repositories.

I will try using a repo version, in the past I have also compiled manually
but for this particular project we were after a simpler process to pass on
to the system admins.  Thanks for your feedback!