[FFmpeg-user] Save segmented and fragmented h264 to disk

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 8 11:02:54 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Mark Umansky <umansky at torcrobotics.com> wrote:
> Yes. It actually generates the files as fast as it can (so I get a dozen files in a second or so) but if I don't kill the process nicely, the last generated file is not properly fragmented and is unplayable.

Kill it nice then. This is inevitable with mp4 format, which adds the
moov atom once it has finished doing everything else with the file -
if you kill it uncleanly, you do not give ffmpeg a chance to add the
atom, and you end up with a bust file.

Alternatively, use a container format that does not have this
restriction, like mpeg-ts.

Cheers

Tom