[FFmpeg-user] Can I use ffmpeg to combine audio streams in .ts file?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 1 01:42:28 CEST 2014

 <skyscanner <at> gmx.ca> writes:

> So am I doing something wrong that is causing the
> "Segmentation fault", or is that a bug in the program?

When ffmpeg (the application) crashes with a segmentation
fault it is always the fault of the program and never the
fault of the user. Additionally, all segmentation faults
are important issues that we (really!) would like to
know about.
To let us know, please test current FFmpeg (that you can
find on the download page), provide the command line that
allows to reproduce the segmentation fault together with
the complete, uncut console output and ideally the sample
needed to reproduce the crash.

The mentioned rules (gdb backtrace etc.) are valid on the
bug tracher (you must only report a bug there if you want
to provide all necessary information), it is not true for
this mailing list.

Please understand (in case this isn't obvious) that such
reports are basically the only thing we (the developers)
request from users like you and it is also the only thing
- together with samples - you (the users) can easily
provide.

Thank you, Carl Eugen