[FFmpeg-user] RTP Multicast doesn't play

Eric Lovelace Eric.Lovelace at msdmail.net
Mon Nov 24 21:28:22 CET 2014

Hello all,

I am attempting to take an rtmp stream and push it out over multicast.  It appears like it is working on the server end and I can see the packets pushed out; however the video does not play in any player.  If I run wireshark on the receiving machine I can see the rtp packets arriving; however the video player (ffplay, vlc, or quicktime) just sits as though it were waiting for data.  No players give an error, they just go into what appears to be a ready state.  Any thoughts on what is causing this or what I could do to further troubleshoot?

ffserver.conf
HTTPPort 8090
RTSPPort 554
HTTPBindAddress 0.0.0.0
MaxHTTPConnections 1000
MaxClients 200
CustomLog -

<Feed 1.ffm>
File /tmp/1.ffm
FileMaxSize 5M

Launch /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i "rtmp://172.16.10.86/pos/test" -flags:a +global_header -pixel_format yuv420p -acodec libfdk_aac -vcodec libx264 -s 640x368
</Feed>

<Stream test1.rtp>
Format rtp
MulticastAddress 224.1.1.17