[FFmpeg-user] -longest rather than -shortest?

Hugh J. Hitchcock info at webdimensions.org
Tue Nov 18 21:16:07 CET 2014

Hi, I am new to ffmpeg and I've been using it lately to create videos from
assembling images and mp3s.

I'm kind of stumped right now on something and I'm hoping someone in the
group can help me!

What I want to do is combine two mp3s into a soundtrack and combine them to
a video. I don't have any problem doing that, however, the issue is that no
matter what I try, the resulting video always stops at the end of the
shortest input track. This seems to happen whether or not I use the
-shortest argument.

What I want to do is find out how to make ffmpeg take the LONGEST piece of
media and make the video around that, and I have tried and tried and can't
seem to do it!

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance. Sincerely,

Hugh