[FFmpeg-user] Confusion about pix_fmt

Michael Heuberger michael.heuberger at binarykitchen.com
Mon Nov 10 11:43:24 CET 2014

Hello guys

If you look at the bug report at https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4098 you
can see that I am confused about the pix_fmt option.

I am not sure what parameter to use for this option. All I want is to
make the video compatible on *modern* browsers/players only and I also
want to make the warning disappear ffmpeg is generating:

deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly

This warning led me to believe I have to set a different pix_fmt
parameter than the default one (yuv420p). But I do not know which one.

Any clues?

Michael

--

Binary Kitchen
Michael Heuberger

Mobile (text only) ...  +64 21 261 89 81
Email ................  michael at binarykitchen.com
Website ..............  http://www.binarykitchen.com