[FFmpeg-user] processing a vumeter (levelmeter) as video for audio inputs

Kuban Altan kuban.altan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 14:27:36 CET 2014

Hi,
I am testing *ebur128* filter, which can produce a video output. But I need
a simple *vumeter* display per audio channel, which does not seem to exist.
Any idea to accomplish this?

So far, I have only been able to *volumedetect* per frame, mentioning a -ss
time and a duration with -t 0.04 (for 25fps)... So I can get a peak sound
level as text output using volumedetect. But this is not very efficient.
All I need is a video and 2 rectangular bars, which have their lengths
connected to input audio level.

Any ideas on doing this?

kuban altan