[FFmpeg-user] [Libav-user] avcodec_decode_video2(pCodecCtx, pFrame, &frameFinished, &packet) why most of the time frameFinished is zero ?

cyril poulet cyril.poulet at centraliens.net
Tue May 27 12:42:38 CEST 2014

a packet rarely contains an entire frame. You have to feed the decoder
packets until a frame is finished.
frameFinished is the flag that tells you that a complete frame has been
gathered and decoded, and that you can now work on it

However, seeing the number of messages you left recently, you might want to
find a tutorial instead of posting very simple questions...