[FFmpeg-user] How can I concat a video and audio to a long video?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed May 21 10:09:09 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 13:17:13 +0800, v wrote:

> I need to concat a video and audio to get a longer video,I have try
> -i concat:"v.mp4|a.m4a' and -f concat -i concat.lst,but the result
> video is not ok.

Are you perhaps confused regarding the meaning of the word
"concat"(ination)?

If you concatinate two media files, their content is placed _behind
one another_ (speaking from a timeline point of view).

If that is indeed what you are trying to achieve, please take note of
this remark in the documentation:

http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#concat

> All files must have the same streams (same codecs, same time base,
> etc.).

Since you didn't show us your complete, uncut command line and console
output, we can only guess. (Nobody around here owns a crystal ball
AFAIK.)

Moritz