[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg problem using fieldmatch and decimate filters to IVTC

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 19 22:06:17 CEST 2014

On 5/18/14, 4:45 PM, "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> An alternative command is:
> $ ffmpeg -i sample.vob -vf fieldmatch,decimate -strict -2 -qscale 2 out.mov

I don¹t get acceptable results using that or any other command for
³long.sample.vob".
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v9jp4pdxzad4a7g/AADbKVrJAvOXf3F9IAzR5WSha/long.sa
mple.vob

However, I get acceptable results using that command for ³sample.vob².
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/v9jp4pdxzad4a7g/AAC6RO34_w2CijriQRwD_Qc
_a/sample.vob

I thought that the problem for both of these sample files was the same, so I
just sent my MEncoder results for the second that one because it¹s shorter.
In other words, I saw all the tests that the O.P. Included for that shorter
sample, and assumed that because the MEncoder command I uploaded for the
shorter sample works well for me for both, it might be of interest. I
apologize for that. But I¹m still unable to successfully apply inverse
telecine to the longer sample using anything I¹ve tried for ffmpeg. Have you
found a successful way to apply inverse telecine for the longer sample?
Thanks.

Laine Lee