[FFmpeg-user] Combining RTMP streams

David Ventura davidventura27 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 02:35:50 CEST 2014

I managed to get it almost working
ffmpeg -loglevel error -re -i "rtmp://----:1935/xorg/movie" -re -probesize
2048 -analyzeduration 0 -re -i "rtmp://-----:1935/audio/movie" -probesize
2048 -analyzeduration 0 -map 0:0 -map 1:1 -c:v libx264 -c:a copy -y out.mp4

The problem is that if I stop the video stream (input 0), the output
"waits" until it comes back, and starts 'recording' again without waiting.

Eg: At 00:02:00 I stop the video feed, and keep the audio going for 30
seconds, then I restart the video stream.
Expected: 30 seconds of either a black frame, or the last frame that ffmpeg
grabbed.
Obtained: at 00:02:00.1 the video feed resumes with the feed from after the
'pause', which means that when both streams end, I get 30 seconds of no
video, and audio.