[FFmpeg-user] converting .mov(MJPEG) to web optimized .mp4(h264)

Amila Perera perera.amila at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 09:15:00 CEST 2014

Hi all,
This is my first mail on this thread.

I need to convert .mov(MJPEG) to .mp4(h264) so that the .mp4 file can be
viewed as html5 video.
Starting from the simplest form "ffmpeg -i 1.mov -vcodec libx264 1.mp4", I
tried several other commands but none of them worked for me.

Mainly, I referred the following sites.
https://www.virag.si/2012/01/web-video-encoding-tutorial-with-ffmpeg-0-9/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13560852/convert-mp4-to-maximum-mobile-supported-mp4-using-ffmpeg
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15524776/ffmpeg-convert-mov-file-to-mp4-for-html5-video-tag-ie9
http://superuser.com/questions/438390/creating-mp4-videos-ready-for-http-streaming

Could you please guide me as how to achieve the required results with
ffmpeg.

Thank you in advance.

N.B: However I was able to obtain the required results with HandBrake
(convert with 'web optimized' checked) and view it on the browser with no
problem. But my requirement is to achieve the same results with ffmpeg.

--

*Amila Perera.*