[FFmpeg-user] Video Record on Lock Screen

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jun 18 20:23:21 CEST 2014

Joel Corporan <joel.corporangomez <at> upr.edu> writes:

> Us there a possibility to record when the displays is
> turn off or when it goes to Lock Screen?... I using
> Ubuntu and this is what I'm typing,

I may misunderstand but you have to turn the screen
lock off if you don't want the screen to get locked.
(FFmpeg does not turn it off.)

> sudo ffmpeg -f x11grab -s 1680x1050 -r 25
> -i :0.0+nomouse -sameq call.mkv

Some comments:
Do not use sudo when running ffmpeg (yes, security
issues exist).
Use -framerate instead of -r for x11grab.
The sameq option did not work the way you believe
it worked, it was therefore removed years ago.