[FFmpeg-user] convert YV12 stream to ProRes

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 23:47:11 CEST 2014

Roee Kashi wrote:
> of course, and it works but the output is more red then the original
> because the U and V are opposite probably.

Top posting should be avoided on this list.

>>> yuv420p -i \\.\pipe\yv12Pipe -vcodec prores -qp 0 -vtag YV12
>>> d:\\out123.mov

-qp 0 does nothing AFAICT if you want hq see the documentation.

>>> ffmpeg -i "d:\out123.avi" -vcodec prores d:\out.mov
>>>>
>>> ffmpeg version N-63968-g73d820e Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the
>>> FFmpeg developers built on Jun 15 2014 00:52:21 with gcc 4.8.3
>>> (GCC)

So you are testing on Windows and Linux - it could be the error you see
is just on windows?

The colour error could be a player issue as I expect it will need to
convert to something other format for display.

Do you really need prores? I guess if you have an editor or something,
but if not what's the point of converting 8bit 420 to 10 bit 422 just to
have the player have to convert it again to something your -vo can use
for display.