[FFmpeg-user] Is ffmpeg capable of converting elementary stream to program stream without recompressing video/audio stream?

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:21:20 CEST 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 02:12:30 +0000
Bsi Ice <bsiice at msn.com> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> I want to convert elementary stream (with h264 video stream) to
> program stream, without recompressing video/audio stream? I have
> googled and tried for many days, and still can't succeed. Is ffmpeg
> capable of doing this? If it can, how to do this?

What is "program stream"? Just like mkv format own several video,
audio, subtitle, etc. streams? You can try ffmpeg options below:

ffmpeg codec "-copy": http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Stream-copy

filters: http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html

and "-map": http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html 5.11 Advanced options
‘-map [-]input_file_id[:stream_specifier][,sync_file_id
[:stream_specifier]] | [linklabel] (output)’

-littlebat