[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg errors

Noel Hunt noel.hunt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 00:14:45 CEST 2014

I realized the errors were in the decoding but I thought maybe
there were interesting types of packets in the stream that
ffmpeg couldn't handle. I never imagined it might be compiler
related.

I am rebuilding ffmpeg now with --cc=gcc46 --as=gcc46. My
freebsd installation is rather old now,

% uname -a
FreeBSD beatrice 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Feb 18 02:24:46
UTC 2011     root at almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I must have build gcc46 in the past from ports; I couldn't now
since when I ran portsnap recently the ports system got trashed
because they are now using bmake instead of make; all the config
files don't work with make...I am planning to install 10 in fact soon.

Anyway, I'll see how this build goes.

Many thanks.

Noel Hunt