[FFmpeg-user] convert from bt601 to bt709

Bob Maple bobm-ffmpeg at burner.com
Tue Jun 10 23:13:06 CEST 2014

On 6/10/2014 2:30 PM, Rio Kierkels wrote:

> That is interesting. Could you maybe take the exr from the other zip file
> and render it to dpx so we cant get an idea about what you expect to see?

The EXR seems right.  Here's a re-export of it as 10-bit RGB DPX at 709
levels:

http://clients.idolum.com/get/cd62f6feb896

Here's also a capture of my scope from the DPX sequence and of the EXR.
 You can see the arc in the ramp on the DPX, the elevated chroma levels,
etc.

DPX Imported: http://clients.idolum.com/get/6714cf583c5b
EXR Imported: http://clients.idolum.com/get/08f993a4c57c

It seems like maybe the DPX is either tagged wrong, or some operation
happened twice.  If I apply a 'Remove Rec709 Transform' LUT to the DPX,
it winds up correct.

> These dpx files are rendered from it in nuke going from linear to 709 with
> 2.2 gamma if i remember correctly. What sofware are you testing in?

Autodesk Flame or Avid DS.

Bob