[FFmpeg-user] ebur128: How to get truepeak stats?

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Mon Jun 9 22:43:32 CEST 2014

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 20:41:48 +1000
Graham Schabel <graham.schabel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Answered:
>
> *ffmpeg -nostats -i A00010-01.wav -filter_complex ebur128=peak=true -f null
> -*
>
> This true peak option didn't run on ffmpeg 1.2.6 (libavfilter 3.42.103),
> but did run okay on 2.2.git Built 8 Jun 2014. (libavfilter 4.6.100). I'm
> not sure when the true peak feature came into being, as the change logs
> were not overly helpful in this regard.

Refer to:
<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=7f42bfad5d763f06d6fb6e91a8cef78f7fad9bf2>

and related:
<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=6ef2315aafe352998fd612dd6cd21c4eb9731031>
<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=2384cada120c7898c2e5a1726f4cb468c953d636>

> Example documentation. How should I go about requesting the above example
> be included in the "example documentation"? I think the most appropriate
> placement would be here:
> https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#Examples-3

The online documentation is intended to be used with current git head
and is refreshed nightly. Users of releases and older versions should
refer to their local copy of the documentation.

If you want to add an example to the documentation the best method is to
retrieve the latest source code, make a patch with "git format-patch"
or "git send-email", and send it to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list
(ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org).