[FFmpeg-user] Video with copyright

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 4 13:24:34 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Massimo Battistel
<battistel at gmail.com> > Let's start with a working command line
(ffmpeg uses 14MB to process file):
> ffmpeg -i sample.mp4 -vn -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -f asf - > nul
>
> No problems with this one, but if I add "-async 1000" like the following:
> ffmpeg -i sample.mp4 -vn -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -async 1000 -f asf - > nul
>
> I got DTS errors

Don't do that then!

> and ffmpeg memory grows up to 1GB.

‘-async samples_per_second’

Audio sync method. "Stretches/squeezes" the audio stream to match the
timestamps, the parameter is the maximum samples per second by which
the audio is changed. -async 1 is a special case where only the start
of the audio stream is corrected without any later correction.

Asking ffmpeg to keep track of 1000 samples will increase the memory
ffmpeg consumes.

Cheers

Tom